General Admission Ticket Price: $35
Tickets include a self-guided tour of five fabulously decorated homes in Greater Akron. Sponsors are also invited to a private party at an exclusive sixth residence from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
The 2018 tour features:
- A French country manor nestled in the heart of Fairlawn Heights
- An authentic 1800s restored farmhouse and barn
- An elegant yet rustic and refined equestrian delight in Bath
- A magnificent turn-of-the-century Tudor mansion that has been completely restored
- A clean contemporary home with a dramatic floor plan
Tourgoers can also purchase raffle tickets for the chance to win one of two gift boxes filled with gift cards (minimum $500 value per box) at the check-in location on the day of the tour. These gift boxes have taken the place of our online auction, which will be held in conjunction with GCEF's annual meeting in spring 2019.
The Patron Home (and party) is SOLD OUT this year and will take place in a rambling, cozy and unique Huntington Valley-inspired brick treasure owned by a local interior designer.
Building a Better Future for Akron's LGBTQ+ Community
As the signature fundraiser of the Gay Community Endowment Fund, all proceeds from the Sugar Plum Tour remain in Greater Akron to benefit your community.
Since 2005, GCEF has reinvested nearly $475,000 into programs that positively impact the local LGBTQ+ community and Greater Akron as a whole.
Recent grants have:
- Sheltered homeless LGBTQ+ youth
- Offered counseling and social support for LGBTQ+ senior citizens
- Supported productions at Weathervane Community Playhouse
- Increased awareness and inclusion of Akron’s transgender community