General Admission Ticket Price: $35
Tickets include a self-guided tour of five fabulously decorated homes in Greater Akron. Sponsors are also invited to a private party at an exclusive sixth residence from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
This year's tour features:
- A 1925 Italian Renaissance Revival-style house built by Roy Firestone with a renovated kitchen and mid-century modern furnishings
- A newly constructed home in Merriman Hills with a covered veranda and soaring great room ceilings
- A Tudor Revival-style home featuring a storybook curved stone entry that was originally owned by the CFO of Knight Publications
- A completely remodeled, 1970s-era home in the Portage Woods development
- A 1924 Colonial house in Highland Square that has been restored to its original beauty with magnificent plaster crown moldings
The private party for sponsors will take place in a 6,300-square-foot brick stunner in the heart of Fairlawn Heights with a fabulous outdoor entertaining space and unique holiday collectibles from around the world.
Building a Better Future for Akron's LGBTQ+ Community
As the signature fundraiser of the Gay Community Endowment Fund, all proceeds from the Sugar Plum Tour remain in Greater Akron to benefit your community.
Since 2005, GCEF has reinvested nearly $530,000 into programs that positively impact the local LGBTQ+ community and Greater Akron as a whole.
Recent grants have:
- Sheltered homeless LGBTQ+ youth
- Supported specialized health care services for LGBTQ+ patients
- Created safer school environments for LGBTQ+ students
- Supported arts programming and internships for LGBTQ+ young adults